Friday, January 3, 2014

Have to point an arrow towards this article from Beautiful/Decay  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>  FIBER ARTIST LOVE


I'm sure y'all are aware of Google Alerts. A friend set me up one where every time my name gets published on the Internet, I receive an e-mail with a link to the article. This was about 4 years ago and since then I've only gotten obituary notices about Ann Tilley Shaw from Texas or Ann Tilley Wills from Alabama. Occasionally a genealogy notice but never anything that actually has to do with me. Needless to say, I was pretty floored to find a link to this article in my inbox that was not only about me but a rather glowing criticism on my art! I though Kristin Bauer summed me up pretty well, and I got to learn about some other artists that I hadn't heard of before (Hello, Erin M. Riley! Baller!) Anyways, I highly recommend setting up a Google Alert on your name because I'm sure there are people out there saying wonderful things about you and it will be just the thing that makes your day!

"Ann Tilley's fiber works, specifically her text based works strike a chord of nostalgia and domestic irony.  They are incredibly clever in their usage of phrase and their rendering and delivery captures certain moments of awkward American culture.  Patterns that are reminiscent of doilies and Cosby sweaters deliver humorously mismatched phrases in an aesthetic of cuddly kitsch."

IT'S ALL FAME FROM HERE, MOM! 



No comments:

Post a Comment