Thursday, November 21, 2013

 Be With Me
wool yarn, stranded knit 
15" x 15 "
2013
SOLD!

The show at the Green Bean came down this past weekend, and I have now had the chance to properly photograph those pieces that were finished ... at 3 am ... the day of the show. I put everything in my car and, by the time I got in it to leave, the whole thing smelt like Green Bean coffee, ha! Didn't think about how the fibers would absorb odors.

Overall, the show was a success. Sold one knitted piece and a few prints, and now the community knows me as the "Ain't That Some Shit" girl. It was the star of the show with everyone wanting to know "how long did that take you to make??!" I didn't track my time, but I started designing it in September and it was finished by the end of January. I worked on it at cookouts, road trips, and all through Christmas vacation, I would catch snippets of time when I had them, on top of longer days on my couch. Hard question to answer!

 Toothbrushes // Houses
wool yarn, stranded knit
12" x 12"
2013

I love this one. I realize it doesn't incorporate text, but I was so happy to finally be able to incorporate toothbrushes into a piece! I had this image of two brushes side-by-side rolling around in my mind for some time. There's definitely going to be a follow-up designs in this same style.

 Aloof #1 (blue)
wool/acrylic yarn, intarsia knit
16 ¾" x 30"
2013

  Aloof #2 (orange)
wool yarn, intarsia knit
16 ¾" x 30"
2013

 Aloof #3 (pink)
wool/acrylic yarn, intarsia knit
16 ¾" x 30"
2013

My brother thinks these 3 should be bought together as a unit, I had them individually priced, but I can imagine some cool ways to hang them together on a wall. They have been the most complicated design thus far, both in knitting and building the frame, but it paid off. I hung one of them sideways on my wall, and it's giving me ideas for a vertical-style knitting in the future...

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment