Friday, July 24, 2009

A Place Where Shoes Are ALWAYS Optional

Just a handful of my favorite pictures taken over the past week spent in Brownsville, TN at my annual family reunion. Starting off with us heading through the Smoky Mountains on our way to Tennessee.

The wash stand at the back of our cabin.

Cos'n Johnny, the early-riser, gave me a great opportunity to capture the early morning light.

The family cemetery. I can follow my family lineage here all the way back to my 7-greats grandfather, Reverend Howell Taylor, who started this camping tradition in 1826. Now it is served best as a playground for all.

The best loved stones are the ones easiest to sit on!

I love the way this stone looks.

Sunday church where all the babies born in the past year get baptized. Some people are overwhelmed by the fact that we go to church twice a day -- everyday! -- but it's all good fun, even for the kids.

Just one of the many feasts eaten throughout the week. For this meal, our camp joined with the John Thornton Camp and all 26 of us squeezed in for a memorable lunch.

Gouda mac n' cheese, corn casserole, biscuits, and banana cake!

Prepping for a water balloon fight. It reached 100 degrees on this day, making the kiddie pool an ideal place to hang out.

And finally, my all-time favorite thing about camp -- taking your shoes off for the entire week! This picture was taken one night on the Weddington porch, where a rousing game of Who-Sir-Me-Sir was taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment